I have been hosting Jockey Cup Cricket and Throwball Championship Tournament since last three years, the first was, almost a couple of months that I have joined the company.
It was just the beginning and now there were 800 staffs who participated in Cricket and Throwball opening matches from today morning. Of course we are playing again on 24th of January and we will paly the finals of March 06, 2016.
It was very energizing for the entire department, we sincerely thank Girish and team to make this happen.
Dear friends in HR community
There are certain skills to be experienced than learnt, of course, you may have come across those, during your engagement with people.
Although events can’t always be controlled or defined, our reactions to them could be. We must learn to respond in a balanced and appropriate fashion to events at work and that is the key skill in fighting stress.
Points to remember
- We must not ignore our problems – may be acknowledge then as they arise.
- We must avoid people and situations that tempt us to behave in ways that we are not happy with.
- We should also try not to be pressurized into making important decisions ghastly.
- Be honest and must always be honest about reasons for rejecting our commitment.
I suggest view your problems as opportunities, work on them, resolve, then proceed for success, everlasting learning, commitment and joy.
Always remember, tough situations arrive to test your capabilities and not to judge your character.
Pls feel it and share it
I received a book from my colleague during the ‘Joy of Gifting’ at our office during new year. Mr. Ezra presented it. The book titled ‘Leading with Strategic Thinking’ written by Aaron K. Olson and B. Keith Simerson.
The crux lies here
The authors mention that there are Four Types of Strategic Leadership viz.,
1. The Visionary Type – meaning Diving Strategy through personal insight
2. The Directive type – meaning Diving Strategy through Structure and Process
3. The incubating type – meaning Driving Strategy through Empowering Others, and
4. The collaborative Type – meaning Driving Strategy through Co-creation.
Pls read this book.